Photography Competition for Amateur Photographers
Theme – My Hometown
We are looking for entries that are unexpected and natural, moments that capture the people and places of your hometown. Photos should be fun and personal to capture the character of your hometown! We have kept the brief flexible so you can show us your own interpretation. Whether you want to include street scenes or concentrate on the finer details, it is time to present your best photograph for our consideration.
How to Enter
To enter, you must email your image to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and town where you live. Images must be taken in 2022 and entries should be based on the information contained in the brief above. Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files. All images must be in colour. All entries received after 23.59 hours on 16th September 2022 will not be accepted.
Competition Terms and Conditions
The promoter of this competition is Funeral Partners Northern Ireland Limited, part of the Funeral Partners Group (“Funeral Partners”).
The winner will receive a contribution of £200 towards a photography course either online or face to face depending on the winner’s ability to travel. If a suitable course cannot be sourced £200 may be used towards the purchase of photography equipment.
The winner will be notified on 30th September 2022.
The competition is open to NI residents only, excluding those who may have a professional association with Funeral Partners which includes, but may not be limited to, colleagues, families/friends of colleagues, third party agents or anyone else connected with Funeral Partners in a professional capacity.
The competition is open to amateur photographers only. For the purposes of this competition, an amateur photographer is defined as someone who earns 10% or less of their income from photography or photographic services
Entries are limited to one per person.
If you are under the age of 18 you must obtain written parental or guardian consent in order to enter the competition.
You warrant and represent, in respect of any entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
- You are the sole owner and author of the Entry
- You have the right to make Your Entry available to the Competition
- The Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
- The Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous-, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
- The Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
- The Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, including:
- trademarks owned by third parties
- copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
- names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
- You agree to fully indemnify Funeral Partners in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
Funeral Partners recognises You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in the Entry.
All Entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Funeral Partners for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the event only, for a maximum of three years after the announcement on 30th September 2022. You hereby grant Funeral Partners a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in the Entry throughout the UK for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and competition, including, but not limited to:
- judging the Competition
- displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions promoting competition and organised by Funeral Partners
- inclusion within the Website and/or social media
- inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organised by Funeral Partners
- sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
- allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only.
Any photograph used by Funeral Partners shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, provided Funeral Partners uses reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
Incomplete and incorrect entry may not be accepted and no responsibility for any entries in this regard can be held against the promoter of the prize draw.
Insofar as permitted by law, Funeral Partners will determine the criteria in order to determine a winner, and these criteria will be created and applied at the sole discretion of Funeral Partners. The Judges’ decision is final in relation to determining the winning Entry. Any Judge for the promotion can be approved solely by Funeral Partners and no other party.
Following judging, the winner will be notified by email. The winner must be contactable by email in order to be contacted. The decision of the Judges and Funeral Partners is final, and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
Entrants accept and agree that relevant personal data provided may be supplied during the course of this promotion to third parties insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
Any personal data captured by Funeral Partners will be processed in accordance with data protection regulations.
If the winner does not respond within 2 days of being notified of a win, then the winner’s prize may be forfeited, and another participant may become eligible for the prize.
The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
Funeral Partners reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
Funeral Partners reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Insofar as is permitted by law, Funeral Partners, its agents, or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it may be caused by the negligence of Funeral Partners, its agents or distributors or that of its. Your statutory rights are not affected.
The prize draw will be governed by Northern Ireland law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.
Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
Funeral Partners reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
Choose a prepaid funeral plan
Choice Funeral plans enable you to arrange and pay for your Funeral Director Services in advance, which could provide peace of mind to you and your family.Learn more
Funeral Notice, Donations and Tribute Service
View funeral notices and tributes to your loved one and leave a donation in their memoryView funeral notices